Personal relationships play a significant role in shaping our professional identities. Our values, priorities, and focus are influenced by the people we surround ourselves with. In today’s world, it is no longer possible to leave our personal lives at home, as our personal identities are brought into the workplace. While some individuals may manufacture an identity to survive at work, ultimately, our personal values and identities drive our professional choices and successes. It is important to surround ourselves with people who reflect the reputation and identity we want to have.
- Personal relationships influence our values, priorities, and focus in our professional lives.
- Our personal identities are brought into the workplace, and our professional choices and successes are evaluated based on them.
- Surrounding ourselves with the right people can shape our behavior and help us achieve the reputation and identity we desire.
- “Our personal identities we bring to work. Now, do some people, I think, manufacture an identity so that they can survive at work? Yeah, probably.” – Mike Staver
- “I think ultimately, the people you’re surrounding yourself with at work do have an impact, or rather, in your personal life, have that impact at work, because I think that’s going to drive the behavior that you’re doing.” – Marty
- “Are you surrounding yourself with the kind of people that are a reflection of the reputation identity you want to have?” – Mike Staver
Do you have a burning question for Mike to answer on another episode of Mondays with Mike? Send it to email@example.com or submit the form below!